Our Escuelitas program volunteers are dynamic role models & integral to the success of our girls! We're looking for a few great folks to come out & really make an impact in the lives of the amazing girls we serve. Here are a few ways you can help out:
On-Site Volunteering: All it takes is 30 minutes to 2 hours of your time, once a week, or as often as you are available. As an on-site volunteer, you'll help us carry out a typical session of Escuelitas programming. This can mean helping with homework, tutoring, helping girls complete their daily program projects and/or being a mentor.
Service Learning: Escuelitas is a great place for you to complete your high school or college/university service learning hours. Contact us today!
Chaperone: Join us for one or many of our field trips throughout the year. We can always use the extra help!
Lend us your talent: Are you a writer or artist? Do you know a thing or two about fitness or nutrition? Are you in a band? Do you have an interesting career that you want to talk to our girls about? Come do a project, perform, or be a special guest speaker!
Other Ways to Help
- Donate via PayPal!: Every little bit helps! Just follow the link located to the right of this page.
- Plan a Fundraiser: Contact us if you'd like to plan a fundraiser to benefit Hispanas Unidas and/or the Escuelitas program.
- Donate any of our wish list items!
- Construction paper
- Card stock paper (colored or white)
- School scissors
- School glue sticks
- New crayons or markers
- Printer paper (colored or white)
- Art and/or craft supplies
- Butcher paper (colored or white)
- Learning board games (or learning card games)
- Learning flash cards
- Dry erase markers
- Flip charts
- Small stickers or reward items
- Fabric, buttons, needles, thread
- Culturally relevant, age appropriate story books
- Culturally relevant, age appropriate art books
- Items/books for teaching girls about Latino(a) leaders
Please contact our staff at (210) 434-2550, or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/hispanas.unidas.3, if you are interested in volunteering or making a wishlist donation.